Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Crockpot Greek Chicken

This recipe is based on one from my old blog that wasn't a crockpot recipe.  I decided to try it that way and was really glad I did!  So many chicken recipes end up tasting kinda watered down in the crockpot, but not this one.  It comes out just perfect!  This one is a total staple now, and the best part is, it is soooooooo easy!

Crockpot Greek Chicken

Whatcha Need:

4 carrots, sliced
1 whole chicken, cut up, or selected pieces, or use boneless (I use a bag of frozen thighs from Trader Joe's)
1 TB dried rosemary
2 ts salt
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
15 pitted kalamata olives
1 TB capers

Whatcha Do:

Put the carrots in the bottom of the crockpot and add the chicken on top of it.  Add the rest of the ingredients and cook it up.  That's it!  With the frozen thighs, it takes about 7 hours on low.  This recipe does benefit from a stirring somewhere in the second half.

NOTE: I have also added zucchini to this and it comes out tasty.  Kale might be interesting as well, although I haven't tried it yet.  .


No comments:

Post a Comment