Sunday, July 22, 2012

Salmon Cakes

I made these small, like you would think of a crab cake, and for that matter, they would probably be good made with crab or tuna.  I might try to make them patty sized next time, and I also plan on adding dill to them for the adults next time, but I wanted to make them plain first to see if the kids would eat them, and miracle or miracles, they BOTH loved them! I think adding lemon zest would be yummy as well.

Salmon Cakes

Whatcha Need

5oz can salmon, drained
1 egg
2 ts dried onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 ts dijon mustard
1 ts  coconut flour
salt and pepper, to taste
enough ghee or coconut oil to fry in

Whatcha Do

Heat the ghee or oil over medium heat.  Mix all ingredients together well in a bowl.  Form patties with your hands and fry on both sides til golden brown.  That's it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment