Monday, July 21, 2014

Moroccan Beef Stew

I had to get this written up ASAP as this was the most I have ever liked beef!  And I don't think I have ever been so excited to eat leftovers lol.  I had about 4 lbs of stew beef on had, so this is what I used for that amount.

Moroccan Beef Stew

Whatcha Need

2 TB coconut oil
3.5 - 4 lbs of stew beef
2 med onions, chopped
about 2 inches of fresh ginger, grated
1 TB minced garlic
1/2 TB ground allspice
1 TB ground cinnamon
2 cups red wine
6 oz tomato paste
2 TB honey
1/2 ts crushed red pepper
1 ts salt
1 cup chicken bone broth
15 dried apricots

cauliflower rice for serving (optional)

Whatcha Do

Heat the coconut oil in a pot or large dutch oven and cook the beef until browned on all sides.  (I needed to do this in two batches.)  Transfer the beef into a bowl, reserving the juices.  Add the onion, ginger and garlic to the pot and cook until tender.  Return the beef to the pot and add the allspice, cinnamon, wine, broth, tomato paste, honey, red pepper and salt.  Stir enough to combine the ingredients, then bring to a low boil.  Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for one  hour.  Cut the apricots into halves or quarters, depending on the size, and add them to the pot.  Simmer or another 20 minutes uncovered.  You can eat it by itself as a stew or serve it over cauli rice.  I made a Moroccan carrot salad to have with mine.  Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment