Sunday, August 3, 2014

Delicious Crockpot Pork Roast

I wanted to get this written up ASAP because it came out soooo good.  I put some honey in it, so it isn't technically Whole 30, but I am going to tag it as such because I think it would still be great without it, or you could throw some raisins into the sauce or some other fruit to sweeten it up if you want.   Plus, it is super easy peasy!


Delicious Crockpot Pork Roast 

Whatcha Need

3-5 pound pork roast
1 cup chicken bone broth
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves
3 TB olive oil
3 TB apple cider vinegar
2 TB honey (leave out for whole 30)
1 ts oregeno
2 ts chili powder
2 ts dried rosemary 
2 ts ground cumin
2 ts salt

Whatcha Do

Put your roast in the crockpot and pour the bone broth around it.  Put everything else in a food processor and pulse it until the onion is in small pieces.  Pour it on top of your roast and cook it on low until it is falling apart.  Really, that's it.  I was using a roast that was about 3 1/2 pounds, and it took about 6 hours.   I ate it by itself with cole slaw one night and then used it to make a taco salad type thing the second.  Amazing both ways! 



No comments:

Post a Comment