Sunday, August 3, 2014

Cocoa Chipotle Sweet Potatoes

I have always loved chipotle sweet potatoes, whether I am making a cheater version with powdered chipotle or enjoying a more time consuming creation like my friend Lyla makes. So when I saw a mashed sweet potato with cocoa recipe, my thoughts immediately went to the awesome chocolates I have had with a bit of a spicy kick.  I kinda tossed it together when I didn't have alot of time, and it was a bit of a mushy mess, but still absolutely delicious.  I am going to note what I did but also how I think it could be made much better.

Cocoa Chipotle Sweet Potatoes

Whatcha Need

2 large sweet potatoes
coconut oil for coating baking dish
6 ounces full fat coconut milk
3 small chipotle en adobo (I didn't measure them, but they were prb about 1TB each, maybe a bit smaller)
2TB cocoa powder
1 ts salt
1/2 ts pepper

Whatcha Do

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For my first try at this, I popped the sweet potatoes in the microwave for 15 minutes because I needed to run out to the store.  I didn't expect them to be totally soft from that, but they were.  I just went ahead and pulled the skins off and cut them up.  I would recommend peeling and cutting them up in chunks and steaming for about 15 minutes instead.  Coat a baking dish with coconut oil and put the sweet potatoes in.  Put the coconut milk, chipotle, cocoa powder, salt and pepper in a food processor and mix until smooth.  Pour over the sweet potatoes and bake for about 30 minutes or longer based on how soft the potatoes are.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment