Monday, April 22, 2013

Bacony Chili

I am not sure how many chili recipes I have posted in my blogging career, and I honestly didn't think I would post any more, but then I discovered the mother of all chilis.  Chili AND bacon?  Need I say more?  The only problem with this recipe is the size.  :)  I like to double it or even triple it when I can!

Smoky Delight Chili

Whatcha Need

1 lb ground beef
6 slices bacon, cubed
1 onion, sliced
1 red pepper, diced (I usually leave this out as my husband doesn't like them, and it is still delish)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 14oz can fire roasted tomatoes
1 TB chili powder
2 TB smoked paprika
1 TB cumin
1 ts cayenne pepper
salt and pepper to taste
greens of choice, optional

Whatcha do:

Cook the bacon in a large pot or dutch oven.  Add the onions, peppers and garlic, and saute about 5 minutes.  Add the ground beef and spices to the pan, and saute until the beef is cooked through.  Add the tomatoes and mix well.  Let it simmer for at least 10 minutes, or longer if you can.  It will only get better!


No comments:

Post a Comment